Goodyear Auto Service Center
A Division of Goodyear Tire & Rubber Co.
On Thursday August 18, 2011 I paid Goodyear Auto Service Center, a division of the Goodyear Tire & Rubber Company, at 811 South Gallatin Rd. $964.90 for tires and repairs on my Honda Accord. After repairs were made, the axle that Goodyear installed came off while I was driving. This incident posed a safety issue for others in my vicinity and myself. It also created additional costs for towing by Copeland's Towing & Recovery, problem diagnosis at Trickett Honda, and transportation rental at Enterprise Rent-A-Car, all in which I seek reimbursement. I seek reimbursement for fees incurred, and now additional payment for the extended inconvenience of dealing with Goodyear's non-acceptance of responsibility from installing what they admit was the incorrect model and size axel on my Honda Accord.
Thursday August 18, 2011:
8:46 am: Was quoted $461.00 for new Kelly 205/60 R15 tires by Dan, the manager at Goodyear.
11:00 am: Goodyear called to inform me my CV Boots/axles on both front tires were leaking or busted. They said they'd replace them for $212.00 per side. Thus I agreed.
12:40 pm: Goodyear called to inform me I needed a front-end alignment. I declined.
2:57 pm: Paid $964.90 for Tires and CV Boots/axles repair. Once at my car I noticed the incorrect tires, Kelly 195/60 R15's, were installed on my car.
3:00pm: Informed an employee and Assistant Manager, since Dan had left, that the tires I paid for were not installed on my car. The Assistant Manager reluctantly replaced the incorrect Kelly 195/60 R15's with the Kelly 205/60 R15 tires I paid for.
3:15pm: While driving, my car stopped running at the corner of Gallatin Road and Old Hickory Blvd as I was turning at the stop light. Luckily a tow truck was in traffic behind me. It took me to Trickett Honda as I assumed my 120k mile timing belt had broken.
3:30 pm: Paid that tow company, Copeland's Towing, $65.00.
3:54 pm: Copeland's Towing then dropped me off at Enterprise Rent-A-Car to since I needed transportation to get to work the next morning at 6:45am. I rented their least expensive car at $39.99 per day, which in the end came to a total of $89.91.
4:15 pm: Went to Trickett Honda to retrieve items from my Honda Accord and the manager told me, and showed me, my left side axle had come out.
4:00 pm: Called Goodyear and was told I'd need to talk to Dan the manager tomorrow. I.e. Friday August 19, 2011.
Friday August 19, 2011:
7:00 am Spoke with Dan and he insisted that the only way my warranty would be valid is if I allowed Goodyear to tow my car from Trickett Honda to them for repair. I gave him permission and he said he'd check on my reimbursement for expenses incurred and for me to contact him in two hours at 9:00am.
7:45 am: Called Trickett Honda and spoke to Terry, a Service Manager, and paid $54.63 via phone for their diagnosis of why my car stopped so my car could be released to Goodyear when their tow truck arrived.
10:00 am: Spoke with Dan and he said that his staff had installed the incorrect model/size CV Boot/axle on my Honda. He said I could pick it up later Friday afternoon.
Now in final, I did pick up my car and thus far I've had no problems. However, its Tuesday August 23, 2011 and Goodyear's Manager, Dan, says he's working with NAPA to get NAPA to maybe reimburse me some of my expenses and maybe Goodyear would do the rest. He says there is no guarantee that I will be reimbursed full $209.54. Nor does he know what percentage of it I will be reimbursed and by whom. I paid $964.90 for services rendered by Goodyear Auto Service Center, and because of their negligence I've incurred fees of $209.54. I feel the responses I am receiving from Dan are unacceptable.
More Review Details
- Monetary loss:
- Product or service
- Cv Boot And Axels
- Review category
- Service Centers and Repairs
You May Also Like
- "I have a 2009 Hyundai Sonata with a factory paint job that is defective primarily the hood. The prep to make the paint stick to the hood was not properly..."
- "Dear Mr Bequary ,We spoke on 10/25/2014 concerning the second time this vehicle was not repaired properly. We spoke of the bad paint- job, and it's anomalies, the attempt..."
- "Problems: Dropped of 2004 Nissan Titan on 12/9 to have it painted Nissan white Q10. Agreed upon price $1,375. Was told work would be completed by Friday 12/13. Placed call..."
- "I am really upset that y'all have stopped making these. These chips were my favorite out of all! Can you bring them back please?!..."
- "These new Ritz suck. If I wanted bread crumbs, I would buy bread crumbs. These crackers won't even stand up to a cheese spread or peanut butter. ..."
- "I have an FTD membership. However, they did not allow me to use my free shipping that comes with the membership because all arrangement were discounted 10% for the..."
- "I got a Tee Shirt instead of a Hoodie I ordered and I haven't gotten anything back from then other than canned responses. The hoodie was a XL Men's hoodie...."
- "No, I would not order ANY pillow made with memory foam. Cut up memory foam won't be any better than intact memory foam and PROBABLY A WHOLE LOT WORSE. The..."
- "Fedex Driver drinking on the job..."